Total World Action
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWE'13

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» JEFF HARDY AND JAMES STORM
Roleplaying For Dummies EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 11:14 am by dwarnell_1

» HUGE ANNOUNCEMENT FOR TWA MUST READ
Roleplaying For Dummies EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 6:46 am by IM-AWESOME1221

» Brock Lesnar
Roleplaying For Dummies EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 6:49 am by blizz5307

» Debut of Ryback
Roleplaying For Dummies EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 6:18 am by DXRenegade

» Kevin Nash
Roleplaying For Dummies EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 4:25 am by CMTheMember

» Ryback and Damien Sandow Contracts
Roleplaying For Dummies EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 7:12 am by imthebest99

» Shawn Michaels Debuts
Roleplaying For Dummies EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 7:08 am by Nexus619

» Get your matches done
Roleplaying For Dummies EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 1:59 pm by IM-AWESOME1221

» TWA Twitter
Roleplaying For Dummies EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 1:11 am by xxerikxx

Roleplaying For Dummies

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Geezus
Admin
Admin
Geezus

Roleplaying For Dummies Empty
PostSubject: Roleplaying For Dummies   Roleplaying For Dummies EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 5:46 am

RP Guide for Beginners

What is RP?

RPing is the core of leagues, it is the best part in league activities cause you get to make your character do whatever your want. RPing stands for Roleplaying. Roleplaying basically is typing dialogues, actions, commentaries and possibly everything you can think of that wrestling programs do. You can also do unrealistic things. But Only for Comedic purposes Meaning you can only do it to be funny.. you can not do unrealistic things in a serious roleplay.

How to RP

Now to RP you first have to go to the storylines section

Then you get to this page.. this is where you can read other RP's anywho to start an RP you have to click on New Thread. which is on the top right corner when you enter a section.

This is where you start your rping.. here is where you write actions and dialogue's

Dialogues and Actions

Bob was was walking backstage where he met Tom

Bob: Hello Tom
Tom: Hello Bob
Bob: I have a match now
Tom: Awesome good luck

Bob then walks away and the camera fades to the next event.

Obviously the dialogue you have to do aren't gonna be stupid like the example above they have to be better and more realistic. What makes a better RP is using colors and Bold for your actions,dialogue, commentary ect... Bold is the big B above the text box and colors is the color box on the top right above the text box. If you have more preferenses you can change the font which is the red A and you can also change the font size which are the two black A's. You can also add images to make the RP more enjoyable the image button which has a painting icon it is the 3rd button next to the youtube button.

Posting Youtube Videos and Images

Again to make your RP more enjoyable is to add videos why? the youtube button is mainly used for theme songs and commercials.. (Commercials are a good way to start or end an RP) to add a video simply click on the youtube button and you get [youtube][youtube] now between those two words you paste a youtube link Do not post the whole link post only a part of the link where it starts with /watch like /watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

For images click on the 3rd button next to the youtube button and just paste a link from an image browers. google don't work since they fucked it up. use from yahoo..bing ect.. when you click the button you get [img][/img] just paste the full link in between the words.

For a better RP include more characters. like commentary and crowd chants.

Example:

JR: Oh my god! oh my god! he just hit Tom with a steel chair!

The crowd cheer for Bob as he is hitting Tom with a chair.

Of course it doesn't have to be the colors i put. You choose the colors and find which is the most comfortable for you. Also correct grammar results in a better RP so make sure you put fullstops/periods, commas and capital letters ect.. for a much better RP also always

Using Preview

use preview before you click post message which is below the text box.. check your work click preview and see if you have done any mistakes cause you are bound to make a mistake every time you write an RP. In fact i did some mistakes myself before i posted this.

Don't be shy to ask us for help

Now you are all set in doing your first RP. If you have any questions ask the moderators for TWA for help, We will more than happy to assist you. Don't be shy to ask for help from other members aswell

Don't give up

If you find trouble with making good RP's don't sweat it, you will get better in time don't quit or give up because your RP's aren't as good as others.

Do not make your RP's short

Don't make your RP's short..short RP's result in a really bad RP don't make an RP which is 5-10 lines make a decently long RP it doesn't have to be extremely long but at least use 1000-2000 characters.. that may seem long but it really isn't.

Last, but not least

I suggest that you read the RP's of other people to see how they look like when their finished and try to make one like it. Hope this guide has helped you and good luck!
Back to top Go down

Roleplaying For Dummies
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Total World Action  :: TWA Roleplays-
Jump to: